You’ve immigrated to Canada. You have skills, education, and some great work experience – and you’re keen to get started and find a job where you can use those skills and talents. But how do you find that job? Where are the positions advertised? How do you build your professional network?
A mentor can help you answer these questions – and more. By talking to a mentor who shares your professional background and knows how the local labour market works, you can get a head start on your journey to success in Canada.
You should sign up for the program if:
- You have two+ years’ experience in your professional field.
- You have lived in Canada for less than five years.
- You are unemployed or underemployed* and looking to reconnect with your career.
A mentor can help you:
- Understand Canadian industry trends.
- Develop more effective job search strategies.
- Build your local professional network.
- Find ways of leveraging your experience and skills.
* Underemployed = someone who is not currently working in their field of expertise.
The time commitment for mentoring is 18 hours over three months, which works out at around 1.5 hours per week. To find out more about the eligibility criteria for the program, please visit the mentee FAQs page.
How do I sign up?
There are four steps to registering in the program:
Step 1 – Visit your nearest Community Partner.
Find your nearest registration point on the map below.
Step 2 – Talk to a mentoring coach.
A mentoring coach at the partner you visit will assess whether you are eligible for the program.
Step 3 – Wait for your match.
Based on the information you provide, we will look for a mentor who’s right for you.
Step 4 – Meet your mentor!
We’ll recommend a mentor for you. If you accept, you’ll take part in an orientation session to get started.
Get started! Find your nearest Community Partner
You can access TRIEC Mentoring Partnership in locations around the Greater Toronto Area. Search the map below to find the most convenient location for you, or visit the Community Partners page to find out more about each partner.