January is National Mentoring Month! What better time to build your leadership and coaching skills by signing up as a mentor?
Mentoring can bring many benefits for the mentee – but it’s a fantastic experience for the person doing the mentoring too. Giving just a few hours of your time to mentor an internationally educated professional can help you develop as a leader in today’s culturally diverse workplace. You’ll have a coach to help you through the mentoring relationship, plus access to online resources and in-person professional development sessions.
We are currently looking for people in the following professions to join our program as mentors:
- Biologists and related scientists
- Purchasing managers, purchasing officers, retail and wholesale technical sales buyers and specialists
- Natural and applied science policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Transportation managers
- Financial auditors, accountants
- Construction managers
- Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health
If this is you, visit our mentoring sign-up page to find out how to get started.